The fully funded, 12-month East Africa Leadership Journey is designed to provide talented mid-career women leaders in health with a safe space to explore their authentic leadership through vulnerability and reflection; an inclusive and diverse network that fosters a strong sense of belonging; tools, and strategies for enhancing their voice, presence, and influence – all the while being supported by a powerful group of peers, mentors, and coaches.
The program imparts contextualized tools and frameworks to address the individual, organizational, and societal challenges that women leaders in global health face today.
About WomenLift Health
Achieving today’s complex global health goals requires greater and more diverse leadership talent across sectors and countries. And yet women are an untapped talent pool, representing 70% of the health workforce but only 25% of executive positions and 5% of CEO-level positions.
East African Leadership Program
- Category Fellowship
- Organization WomenLift Health
- Country to study Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- School to study–
- Course to study Not specified
- Application Deadline January 13, 2023
Requirements for East African Leadership Program Qualification
You are eligible for consideration if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman
- Work in a role that focuses on public health policy, practice, and/or research (your work and partnerships serve populations at the national level in your country of residence or East Africa regional level and may include practicing public health in hospitals and health centers, producing research and innovation, creating or implementing policy, and managing teams/departments or projects/grants.)
- Mid-Career Leader: Possess sufficient years (10 – 20 years) of experience in public health
- Reside and work within Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
- Must be a national of one of the five countries
- Possess fluency and ease in written and verbal communication in English to express the next level of emotional processing required for the Journey
Interview date, Process, and Venue for East African Leadership Program
We believe the type of women leaders who would benefit most from this program are those who value diversity, equity, and inclusion; see the value of bringing diverse lived experiences to policy and practice; and are eager to not only expand their leadership presence and influence, but to pay it forward to others in their organization and community.
January 13, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to WomenLift Health on www.womenlifthealth.org to apply
For more details, visit the WomenLift Health website.
Scholarships You May Like
- Women scholarships
- Fellowship scholarships
- WomenLift Health scholarships
- Scholarships for African Students
- Scholarships in Rwanda
- Scholarships in Tanzania
- Scholarships in Uganda