The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI), through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country.
Level(s) of study:
Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1500. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
WMI’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
• Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Is 35 or under on 1 March 2023
• Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
• Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
• Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
• Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
• Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
• May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Deadline: 1 March 2023
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2023 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2022 to 1 March 2023.
Visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/prospective-scholars/