TaiwanICDF’s International Higher Education Scholarship Program aims to assist partner developing countries to achieve sustainable development through education. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
See the list of study Programs for 2023 TaiwanICDF Scholarship Guidebook
Nationals of the following countries:
- Asia Pacific: Fiji, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vietnam
- West Asia: Jordan, Mongolia, Russia, Türkiye
- Africa: Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda
- Caribbean: Haiti, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Central America: Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Serbia
The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance (NT$12,000/month for undergraduates, NT$15,000/month for masters, and NT$17,000/month for PhD).
- Be a citizen of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an overseas compatriot student.
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa
Read the complete eligibility criteria found at the 2023 TaiwanICDF Scholarship Guidebook.
Applicants must complete their application through the online application system and then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office stationed in your country.
In addition to the above documents requested as part of their scholarship application, applicants should also submit all documents required by the TaiwanICDF partner schools that they are applying to before the admissions deadline of that university.
Deadline: 15 March 2023).
For more information on the scholarship including application, eligibility and selection criteria, please visit the official TaiwanICDF webpage: https://www.icdf.org.tw/wSite/