SINGA is an award given to international students with excellent academic undergraduate and/or master’s results, and strong interest in doing research leading to a doctorate (PhD) in Science and Engineering at a Singapore University.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Field(s) of Study
SINGA supports PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant
- One-time settling-in allowance
- Open to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
Applications are done online. The deadline for January 2024 intake is 1 June 2023 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).
For more information on the scholarships including award amount, selection criteria and campus life, please follow the link of the official scholarships page: https://www.a-star.edu.sg/Scholarships/For-Graduate-Studies/Singapore-International-Graduate-Award-SINGA