ManagementProductivity

Five Elements of Time Management

time management

Time management is the skill of managing time effectively by planning, organizing, and controlling the hours spent on different activities.

We’ve all got 24 hours, but some people seem to get more done while others struggle with time. What’s the difference? The secret lies in the skill of effective planning of one’s limited time.

Lost money still has a chance to come back but the wasted time is just irreplaceable but time is a precious resource, and it totally depends on how we put it to the best use.

No matter how we place it, we only get 24 hours in a day. Every minute of the day is finite and we shouldn’t waste it doing something that does not add any value to our lives.

In the end, all i would like to say is that effective time management is not rocket science, it is a skill that can be mastered by any individual in order to accomplish more in a short period of time.

Try these tips, and I’m sure you are going to see the results!

Also Read Answering: “How Do You Handle Conflict In The Workplace?”

  1. Set A Clear Vision And Goals

Without a vision, we can only wander aimlessly through our careers and end up wasting a lot of time. Having a clear vision, and setting goals accordingly is a great way to manage your time effectively.

When it comes to businesses, goal setting provides a direction to everyone involved with it. With a defined vision, people already know what their priorities are and what the day holds for them. This way, they spend more time accomplishing the tasks instead of just wasting time thinking about what to do next.

  1. Start With MITs- Most Important Tasks

One of the most important time management tips you will ever get is that you should start your work with the most important or the toughest tasks on a priority basis.

The reason behind this is simple. You are likely to be more efficient in the morning and full of energy to tackle even the toughest tasks competently. The point here is that if you accomplish a hard or time-consuming task earlier, you will have enough time to focus on other things as well.

Also, the feeling of getting the most and toughest tasks done will automatically make the rest of your day better.

  1. Eliminate Distractions

Remember the task that needed just an hour but you took the entire day to complete it? Well, I’m sure you would agree that it only happened because you had a lot of distractions around you. Social media, phone calls, black Friday sales, Netflix, and whatnot are the most common culprits here.

Make sure that you either switch your phone off or put it on silent mode while doing important tasks. You would notice that you’re saving a great amount of time and finish up your tasks right on time very efficiently.

Also Read: Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Day

  1. Say No To Multitasking

Most people consider multitasking as a good thing. It’s a sign of busyness among people. But it needs to be understood that being busy does not mean being productive. They are two different things. As per a research, only 2% of people are good at multitasking while the rest 98% end up wasting their time when they try to multitask.

Instead of frantically dashing between a lot of tasks, focusing on just one task at a time is the perfect way to reach the epitome of productivity in very little time.

  1. Take Breaks

A recent study suggests that humans can only concentrate on one task for a maximum time of 60 minutes. The productivity level starts declining after that.

I understand, it might not be feasible for you to take a lot of breaks at the workplace but it is still essential for you to take a few breaks in between to keep your mental and physical states at the peak.

Take a coffee break, go on a quick walk, or just sit back, relax and close your eyes for five minutes. These things can help you in ways you can’t imagine. Do not consider breaks as “time waste”. In fact, breaks are essential for you to deliver really top-quality work by giving your brain some time to rest and recharge.

 


TpaAdmin

Administrator


Sorry! The Author has not filled his profile.


Total Posts: 0

×


TpaAdmin

Administrator


Sorry! The Author has not filled his profile.

Latest Posts
  • healthy employees
  • build_your_career

Comment here

instagram default popup image round
Follow Me
502k 100k 3 month ago
Share